(1) The weightage of 12th marks will not be considered for calculating JEE Main Rank from 2017.
(2) There is no minimum criteria for 12th percentage for appearing in JEE Main 2017 exam.
(3) For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
(4) All the Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. At the time of filling application form of JEE (Main)–2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form for JEE (Main)–2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility Criteria:-
(1) Age Limit: Candidate’s date of birth should fall on or after 01 October, 1992 for general candidates and 01, October 1987 for SC, ST and PwD candidates.
(2) Candidates appearing/passed 12th or equivalent exam in 2015 or 2016 with PCM are eligible to apply.
(3) Candidates who have passed 12th or equivalent exam in 2014 are not eligible to apply.
(4) Number of Subjects in 12th: Aspirants should have minimum five subjects in 12th/qualifying examination.
(5) Number of Attempts: Candidate can attempt JEE Main exam three times only.
(6) Diploma (3 years) holders are also eligible to apply.